Local copy of webpage in English language.
The International Society of Cryosurgery (I.S.C.) was established in 1974 to promote continuing education medical in the field of cryosurgery. ISC is a non-proﬁt, apolitical, non-party and non-sectarian society.
Purpose of the Society is:
- to promote, develop, advocate and diffuse knowledge on the use of low temperature and related technology for therapeutic and conservative aims in biology and, generally, in science;
- to foster by all means the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of any pathologies in both the human and veterinarian ﬁelds that may be treated by low temperature techniques at individual and institutional level;
- to raise as many opportunities as possiblein order to put all people who share the above stated purpose, may be interested in it, or can help to reach it, in touch with each other
- to arrange meetings and congresses in different locations at least once every two years.
- to organize international activities and join forces with other associate members who do so, with special regard to anything that furthers the exchange of knowledge and cooperation;
- to promote, coordinate and support scientiﬁc programs concerning cryosurgery.
- to get in contact and enter into partnerships with domestic and international associations that have relevancy to the above stated purpose;
- to divulge literature -books, magazines, et al.—concerning cryosurgery and anything related to it, through all available channels.
Franco Lugnani MD
International Society of Cryosurgery
Cryosurgery has, today, a wide range of clinical applications:
- Ob Gine
Every second year a different continent hosts a major world congress with a wide-ranging scientiﬁc programme covering all areas of Cryosurgery and cryobiology.
The 14th International Congress took place in Beijing, China, in November 2007.
The Next I.S.C. World Congress: World Congress of Cryosurgery St.Petersburg July 2009